Portfolio Quality Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Eagle Lending is responsible for debt refinancing, professional loan programs, home equity lines of credit and small business loans. We provide high-touch service and customized products designed around our client’s needs. From refinancing your debt to buying your first home, our team is leading the way for innovation at First Republic.
Duties and Responsibilities
An encouraging culture that invests in you
The Professional Loan Program (PLP) Portfolio Quality Specialist will assist underwriting and sales partners in monitoring loan portfolio performance and risk by collecting financial reporting requirements and monitoring of borrowers for covenant compliance. The ideal candidate will have one year of banking experience and maintain a basic understanding of commercial financial information and loan legal documentation. Due to the complexity of the transactions, attention to detail is important.
What you'll do as a Portfolio Quality Specialist:
- Monitor existing credit facilities for financial and reporting covenant compliance. Review the covenant log to ensure receipt of updated financial information and on-going covenant compliance. Upon instruction from sales partner, notify borrowers and guarantors when reporting is late. Work with underwriting team and supervisor to set priorities, communicate status, remove roadblocks, and escalate red flags in the collection of reporting.
- Successfully spread and analyze business financial statements and/or tax returns using Moody’s or similar program and have an understanding of cash flow reports, financial ratios, trends, etc.
- Work across departments to enter or validate the onboarding of new programs into the reporting database by reviewing entity formation documents, loan documents, and credit narratives.
- Monitor news for events impacting borrowers and guarantors and conduct research on specific industries or companies to assist underwriting team and supervisor.
- Identify process improvement ideas to improve service or create efficiencies. Maintain a handbook of processes, best practices, and procedures relevant to role.
- Assist with monitoring monthly FICO reports. Develop the ability to analyze credit reports, personal financial statements, and consumer liquidity statements. Eventually learn to spread business financial statements and individual tax returns.
- Assist in identifying loan documentation errors and suggesting process improvements.
- Performs other duties and projects as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Be or become proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), AFS Level III, OnBase, Moody's, and internal reports.
What skills you will use:
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Polish and self-assurance, coupled with enthusiasm and energetic approach to getting job done.
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team environment, while assuming individual responsibility.
- Provides extraordinary service and furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook Access)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- BA/BS required with concentration in business or finance preferred.
- 1-2 years of banking and lending or database experience preferred.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.