Preferred Banking Client Services Banker
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
See service from a higher perspective.
As the Preferred Banking Client Services Banker, you will manage and monitor the workflow of walk-in clients provide prompt, accurate and courteous responses to internal and external Preferred Banking client inquiries. You will ensure clients’ needs are met by proactively asking questions to understand their full banking needs and interacting with various banking departments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate versatility within the client services role and be able to identify valuable First Republic Bank clients, their banking patterns and the principals on the accounts.
What you’ll do as a Preferred Banking Client Services Banker:
- Manage daily workflow and mailbox flow by delegating specific tasks to supervisors, assistant managers and CSAs depending on their knowledge, expertise and ability, while minimizing risk to the bank and client.
- Supervise the client-facing CSA and provide ongoing support with daily transactions, while proactively engaging in problem-solving as needed.
- Manage and monitor the workflow of wire transfers, including approving and releasing outgoing wires; following up on wire tracers and cancellations; and researching and resolving issues with rejected wires due to NSF, invalid account numbers or missing/incomplete information; escalate when necessary.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure all departmental functions are completed, including approving transactions that are over the CSA limits, answering phones promptly and ensuring CSAs are providing client-oriented customer care for quality and training purposes.
- Approve monthly/quarterly branch certifications and monitor department time and duties.
- Seek and share knowledge in all areas of client services and the CSA job functions; provide cross training and staff development to ensure staff understands bank processes and procedures.
- Step into any role within the PBCS department when needed, including that of Documentation Compliance when necessary.
- Adhere to the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Know and verify the identity of any client who enters into a relationship with the Bank
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A minimum of five years of banking experience and knowledge of client services operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Total Plus, BISYS, OnBase and other bank software
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work effectively with team members of all levels to maximize the customer experience and to resolve client needs
- The ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts as needed
- An orientation toward being a team player and providing extraordinary service while furthering the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.