Preferred Banking Client Services Intern
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Putting you first
As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience at a high-growth company that values its people. You’ll earn a competitive starting wage while absorbing a culture that emphasizes collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking and quick decision-making. Start doing the best work of your life here.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Preferred Banking Client Services Intern:
- Scan any missing daily work to the shared drive before boxing the daily work in DataSafe boxes for offsite storage.
- Enter wire information in the bank’s wire system or typing up the wire form for foreign currency wires for approval and processing.
- Pick up or drop off wire approvals from the different floors that Client Services currently sit on.
- Daily wire reconciliation; making sure that all wires on the wire log are accounted for before filing away.
- Assist Client Service Group in placing account notes or instructions into Total Plus.
- Box up daily work, wires, and other miscellaneous backup documentation in DataSafe boxes for offsite storage. Entering the information of the box in the tracking sheet and saving the shared drive.
- Help open deposits, add up the checks to make sure it matches deposit slip, and scan Check 21.
- Assist with accepting courier deposits and entering the information in the courier log.
- Assist the Client Service Group in placing client’s receipt in window envelope for mailing.
- Assist the Client Service Group with any projects which involves data entry to Microsoft Office programs.
Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- The ability to coordinate multiple priorities, successfully resolve complex matters, easily understand processes/workflows, identify risks, and effectively tailor their communication (written/verbal) to their audience in a clear and concise manner
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher and currently a rising Junior or Senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50 lbs.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.