Preferred Banking Office Manager
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
Putting you First
As a Preferred Banking Offices Manager, you’ll contribute to the success through outstanding sales, business development, customer service, office operations and management. You will focus closely on customer relations and promote First Republic’s sales and service culture by coaching, guiding and mentoring your colleagues. You will achieve your individual and office sales goals by pursuing new business, seeking referrals and strengthening existing client relationships.
- Take profit-and-loss responsibility for the office.
- Audit input and maintenance of all office transactions according to the office’s policies and procedures.
- Check the office balances daily.
- Ensure compliance with all the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in weekly Asset/Liability meetings.
- Review the office’s operating procedures and practices in order to identify potential improvements.
- Work with Marketing to advertise and implement the Bank’s products.
- Work with Risk Management, Facilities and Deposit Operations to ensure the safety and security of the office premises, property and assets (including cash on hand, ATMs, alarms, etc.) and implement loss-prevention measures.
- Work with Facilities and Human Resources to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all team members (e.g., equip the office with first aid items, ergonomic support, Workers’ Compensation and Employee Assistance Program referrals, etc.).
- Manage ATM and kiosk ATM installation and implementation as needed.
- Travel as necessary to participate in meetings, training sessions, client events, etc.
Sales, Business Development & Customer Service
- Build professional relationships with clients to establish repeat and referral business and strengthen client loyalty.
- Establish Total Banking Relationships (for both business and personal banking) by encouraging clients to use the Bank as a one-stop shop for direct deposit, internet banking, overdraft protection, multiple deposit products, and investment and trust services.
- Deliver a strong individual sales performance, including conducting outside sales efforts.
- Draw on all available resources to provide solutions that are tailored to clients’ individual needs and that will exceed client expectations.
- Develop a strong understanding of client needs and refer clients to Relationship Managers, Preferred Bankers and Trust Officers as appropriate.
- Actively look for ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to build a book of business and contribute toward meeting your own individual sales goals and the office’s sales goals.
- Work with your team members to increase the office’s productivity, grow deposits, boost customer retention and encourage new referrals.
- Actively participate in and develop office sales promotions.
- Lead a team of sales and service professionals, inspiring them to meet and exceed the office’s sales and client satisfaction goals.
- Foster a team environment in which all colleagues can perform to their full potential.
- Supervise and coach your teams to help them enhance their professionalism, strengthen their sales techniques, embrace the Bank’s service expectations and understand compliance guidelines.
- Lead by example, modeling the teamwork, cooperation and respect that First Republic expects from all its people.
- Take the lead in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating office employees, and provide recommendations on bonus payments and other compensation issues.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Seven or more years of relationship banking experience
- Three or more years of supervisory experience
- A college degree or equivalent preferred
- A successful sales track record
- The ability to work independently and take initiative and ownership
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude
- The ability to coach and mentor team members to perform above expectations
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.