Preferred Banking Offices Assistant Manager
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
See service from a higher perspective
As Assistant Manager, you’ll support sales and business development, enabling the office to always provide top-quality client service. You will have the opportunity to co-manage office operations, serving as acting manager when the Preferred Banking Offices Manager is absent.
What you’ll do as a Preferred Banking Offices Assistant Manager:
- Support the Preferred Banking Offices Manager by overseeing the efficient operation of the office and ensuring that team members are performing all the operational functions correctly and completely.
- Draw on all available resources to provide the best solution for each client and ultimately create a memorable client experience.
- Keep a close eye on service quality levels and coach team members as needed to make sure the office maintains its focus on providing exceptional client service.
- Assist the Personal Bankers with policies, procedures, products, systems and banking transactions.
- Regularly review the office’s operating procedures and practices in order to identify possible opportunities for improvement.
- Audit office transactions according to the office’s policies and procedures.
Sales, Business Development & Customer Service
- Build professional relationships with clients to establish repeat and referral business and strengthen client loyalty.
- Take responsibility for checking account and deposit growth.
- Introduce banking products and services to clients and explain how these new offerings can meet their needs.
- Develop a strong understanding of client needs and refer clients to Relationship Managers, Preferred Bankers and Trust Officers as appropriate.
- Actively look for ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to build a book of business and contribute toward meeting your individual sales goals and the office’s sales goals.
- Actively participate in office sales promotions.
- Assist the Preferred Banking Offices Manager in leading a team of sales and service professionals, supporting their efforts to meet and exceed the office’s sales and client satisfaction goals.
- Organize the daily workflow of the office and work with the Personal Bankers to ensure high client service levels.
- Support the Preferred Banking Offices Manager in fostering a team environment where all colleagues can perform to their full potential.
- Assist the Preferred Banking Offices Manager in supervising and coaching your teams to help them enhance their professionalism, strengthen their sales techniques, embrace the Bank’s service expectations and understand compliance guidelines.
- Support the Preferred Banking Offices Manager in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating office employees, and provide input on bonus payments and other compensation issues.
What skills you will use:
- Three years of relationship banking experience
- A college degree preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- An interest in sales
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude
- The ability to coach and mentor team members to perform above expectations
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Computer skills
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.