Registered Client Service Associate
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
See service from a higher perspective
As a Registered Client Service Associate, you will be the first point of contact for clients or prospects, providing a wide range of sales, service, administrative and relationship management support to assigned wealth advisors and investment professionals across Registered Investment (RIA), Broker-Dealer and Trust or other teams.
What you’ll do as a Registered Client Service Associate:
- Provide sales and service support for current clients and prospects.
- Research and respond to inquiries of high net worth clients; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Oversee client interaction — act as a conduit between client and Private Wealth Management operations; create business plans geared toward client growth; build relationships with clients by initiating contact and making frequent office visits; introduce technology and services to clients as appropriate; cross sell products, services and/or technology; monitor client investing and understand their rationale, intentions and goals.
- Assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, manage meeting logistics, submit business expense requests, schedule appointments and distribute mail.
- Place equity, mutual fund and fixed income trades for brokerage clients; as necessary, utilize custodial websites, CRM client database and APX portfolio management system.
- Assist with completion and transmission of transaction documents and communicate with operations/billing/internal departments/First Republic Securities Company and other custodians regarding transaction processing follow-up.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- At least three years of related experience, with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Required Series 7, 66 (or 63/65 combination) licenses
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with clients, prospects, custodians and colleagues
- The ability to use considerable tact and discretion when dealing with client or sensitive data
- The ability to work independently under minimal supervision, with exceptional problem-solving proficiency
- Excellent organizational, communication (both verbal and written) and client relationship management skills — whether interaction is in-person, over the telephone or via email
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced sales-oriented environment that can be unstructured; a proven ability to handle pressure, multi-task and prioritize work at all times
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Working knowledge of the securities industry, with a broad understanding of capital markets and related investment practices
- Outstanding skills using personal computers in a Windows-based environment, including Microsoft Office
- Experience with Bloomberg, APX or custody system a plus
- A desire to understand the Bank’s structure and identify opportunities to utilize Bank resources to meet client needs
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.