Residential Appraisal Reviewer
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
The Collateral Valuations (CV) Department helps the Bank make safe and compliant lending decisions by providing credible commercial and residential real estate valuations and market data and ensuring that the process for obtaining this information is consistent with regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
First Republic is looking for a Residential Appraisal Reviewer to join our expanding Team. The Residential Appraisal Reviewer will have the opportunity to review residential appraisals and evaluations and research residential market data in support of the Bank’s real estate lending operations. In this position, client service, discretion and judgement are key factors used to make decisions about the collateral for real estate loans. The position helps maintain the Bank’s safety and soundness and has a direct and important impact on operations. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and contribute to a growing business unit that has a direct effect on the Bank’s performance.
What you'll do as a Residential Appraisal Reviewer:
- Perform detailed technical and compliance reviews on residential real estate appraisals.
- Ensure that valuations are reasonably supported, credible and compliant with federal and state regulations, USPAP, FIRREA, bank policies and guidelines, and industry standards.
- Communicate with appraisers for any report corrections and/or revisions.
- Evaluate appraiser quality of work and provide feedback for maintenance of the Bank’s appraisal panel.
- Provide market research to help Relationship Managers and the Executive Loan Committee members make collateral risk decisions.
- Provide support to all areas of real estate lending as needed.
- Demonstrate superior customer service to appraisers, peers and business partners.
- Attend ongoing training for Real Estate Appraisal and Real Estate Appraisal Reviews.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field.
- Certified Residential Appraiser.
- Familiarity with residential real estate appraisal terminology and the appropriate application of appraisal valuation techniques, appraisal methodology and understanding of appraisal theory.
- Knowledge of residential mortgage operations.
- Attention to detail for the identification of appraiser errors and omissions.
- Managing difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Successfully prioritizing work assignments of varying complexity, demonstrating strong organizational skills, and completing work within established deadlines.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Establishing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- May be required to lift 25-50 lbs.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.