SOX BP Senior Analyst
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Accounting, we’re responsible for recording and reconciling financial transactions, processing vendor payments, processing payroll, calculating and remitting taxes. We also produce external and internal financial reports and interpret accounting guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Business Process (BP) Analyst you will be responsible for supporting the BP-related components of the SOX Program and continually enhancing it to keep up with the dynamic growth of the Bank. You will have the opportunity to work closely with business unit SOX Liaisons to ensure that Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) are appropriately designed and operating effectively, that SOX-compliant control documentation is maintained, and that any BP ICOFR deficiencies are assessed for severity and remediated, as needed.
In this position, you will report to the BP Manager and work with a mix of internal and external co-sourced team members to execute program activities. In addition, you will be involved in special projects related to systems and new accounting standards implementations, while assessing their impact on SOX and ICOFR.
What you’ll do as a SOX Senior Business Process Analyst:
- Support the BP Manager in completing the annual SOX scoping and materiality assessments and risk assessment, as well as the Fraud Risk Assessment to ensure compliance with COSO standards and appropriate scoping and coverage of the SOX Program.
- Coordinate with each business unit SOX Liaison on all SOX-related activities, including walkthroughs, testing and remediation activities.
- Execute on SOX BP testing by identifying and documenting SOX key controls and assist the business in enhancing process documentation.
- Assess BP ICOFR deficiencies and monitor BP remediation activities. Conclude on the effectiveness of BP ICOFR.
- Work closely with the Bank’s Vendor Management group and SOX Liaisons to help identify end user controls and SOC 1 Type II report reviews.
- Work closely with the external auditors to ensure the SOX Program meets their requirements in terms of scope, timing and approach; work to align testing approach in efforts to increase auditor’s reliance on SOX Program.
- Assist the BP Manager in preparing BP-related materials for the SOX Reporting Committee.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to the Corporate SOX Policy.
- Support the team in the continuous enhancement of the program with the potential implementation of a SOX workflow application to automate the SOX process, including reporting and systematically connecting workpapers.
- Assist the BP Manager in performing assessments of the SOX impact of new initiatives, including system implementations/updates, new accounting standards and various special projects.
- Share information among the SOX Program Office team, transferring knowledge and providing examples of high-quality documentation, as appropriate. Foster and maintain group spirit and high team morale.
- Adhere to the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Know and verify the identity of any client who enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Three plus years of BP SOX-related experience focused on SOX, ICOFR, COSO Framework, process walkthroughs and baseline understanding of IT controls
- Banking and/or financial services experience primarily focused in SOX or internal audit, enterprise-wide risk management and ICOFR controls consulting is preferred
- Professional certification(s), such as CPA, CFA, CIA and/or PMP are preferred, as is Big 4 accounting firm experience
- The ability to produce quality deliverables within defined budget and time frames
- Strong teamwork, organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.