SOX IT Manager
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Accounting, we’re responsible for recording and reconciling financial transactions, processing vendor payments, processing payroll, and calculating and remitting taxes. We also produce external and internal financial reports and interpret accounting guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Discover the independence to grow and drive change
As Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT Manager, you will be responsible for leading the IT-related components of the SOX Program and helping to continually enhance the program to keep pace with the dynamic growth of the Bank. You will lead the SOX IT team and take responsibility for the SOX IT risk assessment, the fraud risk assessment, and determining IT in-scope systems and applications, as well as managing the IT team in the execution of IT walkthroughs and controls testing (general controls, application controls, etc.), while also closely coordinating IT SOX-related activities with the Bank’s external auditors.
You will work closely with the SOX Liaisons business unit to ensure that internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR) are appropriately designed and are operating effectively; that SOX-compliant control documentation is maintained; and that any IT ICOFR deficiencies are assessed for severity, remediated and reported to the SOX Reporting Committee. You will also be an important stakeholder in implementations related to new systems and new accounting standards; your role will include assessing their impact on the SOX Program and/or ICOFR and serving as a business advisor.
You will report to the Vice President, SOX Program and will work with a mix of direct, indirect and co-sourced team members to manage the process. You will also actively participate in decision-making related to the SOX Program.
What you’ll do as SOX IT Manager:
- Work closely with the Vice President, SOX Program and the SOX Business Process Manager in completing the annual SOX scoping and risk assessments, as well as support the fraud risk assessment to ensure compliance with Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) standards and appropriate scoping and coverage of the SOX Program.
- Coordinate with the IT SOX Liaisons with regard to IT SOX activities, including walkthroughs, testing and remediation activities.
- Lead IT SOX testing, including the identification and documentation of IT SOX controls, in coordination with the SOX Business Process Manager, and assist the Bank in enhancing its documentation.
- Assess IT ICOFR deficiencies, monitor IT remediation activities and determine the effectiveness of IT ICOFR.
- Work closely with the Bank’s Vendor Management group and SOX Liaisons to help identify end user controls and perform Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 report reviews.
- Work closely with the Bank’s external auditors to ensure that the SOX Program meets their requirements in terms of scope, timing and approach, and serve as a key contact for the external auditors related to IT matters.
- Support the Vice President, SOX Program in the preparation of IT-related materials for the SOX Reporting Committee.
- Ensure the SOX Program’s overall quality and consistency as well as appropriate risk management and adherence to the Corporate SOX Policy.
- Support the team as a subject matter expert on IT SOX, COSO and ICOFR in an effort to continuously enhance the program, and assess the potential implementation of a SOX workflow application to automate reporting and systematically connect working papers.
- Work with the Business Process Manager to assess the SOX impact of new initiatives, including system implementations.
- Assist in recruiting, developing and mentoring team members, including providing career-counseling support by sharing information among the SOX Program Office team, transferring knowledge, and providing instructions and guidance as needed.
- Foster and maintain group spirit and high team morale.
- Be viewed as a leader, management consultant and internal controls expert as you build and maintain ongoing relationships with business units.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Seven or more years of IT SOX-related experience (with five or more years in a supervisory role)
- Banking and/or financial services experience primarily focused on IT SOX or internal audit, enterprise-wide risk management, and ICOFR controls (preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of IT general controls, IT application controls and the COSO framework, and a baseline understanding of business process controls consulting
- Big Four accounting firm experience (preferred)
- The ability to define deliverables, build budgets and project plans, and line up resources and specialists for project teams
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, with successful experience in managing multiple concurrent projects at varying levels of technical difficulty
- Strong teamwork, analytical and communication skills
- Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) (preferred)
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and career — apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.