At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Under the direction of a Private Wealth Management (PWM) Project Manager, the Business Analyst will be responsible for collaborating with project stakeholders to understand and interpret the project requirements. And then to translate the requirements into varying detailed documentation including but not limited to detailed analysis, use case definitions, requirements traceability matrix (RTM), process designs, test plans, and test execution scripts. The business analyst will also be required to create and present quality presentations in support of the project requirements, gap analysis, testing results, defect tracking, and status. This role also requires exceptional communication skills with an ability to build and maintain working relationships with cross-functional teams across operations, technology, and business.
Candidates who are not at a senior level, and/or may demonstrated poor or limited communication skills will not be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Scrum Master:
- Review Sprint Plans/ Project plans to plan and coordinate project activity
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Work collaboratively with development team, Technical lead and management to determine technical direction and priority of staff for the supporting systems. Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Sprint schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Continuous improvement of Sprint release processes to maximize team performance
- Daily Scrum, Retrospectives and release planning meeting with other teams as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects or open defects/enhancements
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning
- Mentor project team members on Software Development processes and best Agile practices
- Flexibility to engage with team in non-regular hours
- Be a role model servant-leader to bring value to the Teams with process and tools
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 5-6 years’ experience required (2 years as Project Manager and 3 years as Scrum Master)
- Exercises independent judgment with direction from supervisor
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading IT projects
- Over 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management.
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring.
- Must encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
- Must be able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Must be willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
- Must understand Agile metrics and reporting techniques
- Must work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure
- Must be able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments.
- Ability to influence others including those in senior management
- Strong written and verbal skills, comfortable presenting to large and small groups
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of TFS Tool is a plus
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Position involves sitting as well as walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Must be willing to work on site, daily.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.