Senior Administrative Assistant
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
The Financial Crimes Risk Management group consists of anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, foreign corruption, fraud, and corporate security. Our program is designed to ensure protection of our clients, the U. S. financial system, and our country from illicit actors who exploit banking services with nefarious and criminal intent. Our fraud group protects our clients and Bank from losses while the Bank’s physical security team protects our clients, visitors, employees and Bank’s monetary and physical assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate has a strong commitment to high quality work product, exacting attention to detail, and superior verbal and written communications skills. The Senior Administrative Assistant is expected to collaborate with Executive Assistants and/or Administrative Assistants to support the broader needs of the BSA/AML Department and the Bank as a whole.
What you'll be doing as an Senior Administrative Assistant:
- Proactively and diplomatically manage DBO’s rapidly evolving calendar. Prioritize meetings and provide ample time to review meeting materials in advance.
- Prepare and/or edit correspondence, agenda, memos or letters, reports, and presentations for internal and external parties and able to independently translate conceptual direction into succinct communications.
- Coordinate departmental events such as team meetings, off-sites, lunches, and celebrations. This may include procuring meeting space at external sites, arranging meals, locating an event speaker, ordering special supplies needed for the execution of an event.
- Perform other administrative duties such as answering phones, screening calls, taking messages, mailings, photocopying, ordering office and kitchen supplies, and special projects as assigned.
- Assist with the recruiting and onboarding process for BSA/AML employees and consultants, including physical and network access, equipment and software requests, and workstation setup.
- Arrange travel to maximize efficiency of DBO’s schedule. Create and submit expense reports in a timely manner. Ensure all expenses captured.
- Review and approve travel expense reports or vendor invoices.
- Review access control lists and follow up with other departments to confirm access needs.
- Stay abreast with all facets of the Department and the bank and identify potential issues before they escalate.
- Support other department functions as needed.
- Accessibility and support during non-business hours such as evenings and weekends required as needed.
Other responsibilities include 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to AML, 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, and 3) completing required training timely.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a Administrative Assistant role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization, professionally and with tact with all levels of personnel whether in person, on the phone, or via email.
- Strong initiative, self-starter, and excellent judgement and discretion. Must maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information, decisions, and conversations.
- Superior attention to detail along with strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and reliable.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Highly proficient skills with Internet research, Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Visio, and conferencing tools such as Teams and Zoom. Ability to learn and drive departmental adoption of new technology tools.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.