Senior Advisor Onboarding Associate
Duties and Responsibilities
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
A culture that invests in you
The Senior Advisor Onboarding Associate is a key member of the Private Wealth Management (PWM) Onboarding and Transition Management Team. The role will engage with all aspects of PWM and provides excellent exposure to cross-functional department business partners and to Executive Management. This role covers the onboarding cycle including recruiting, onboarding, and integration of new teams into PWM while working directly with our Client Service and Transition Management Team to support the growth of our business.
What you’ll do as a Senior Advisor Onboarding Associate:
- Serve as a key point of contact to new wealth management teams throughout their transition and integration into First Republic.
- Drive the end-to-end client onboarding process to include but not limited to; pre-fill and review new account paperwork, initiate and submit new account and account transfer requests, complete post account setup requirements, conduct a thorough final sign-off to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Provide disbursement and account maintenance client servicing support to new wealth management teams throughout their transition.
- Provide direct onsite and remote training support on certain systems, policies, and procedures.
- Research and respond to daily servicing, operational, and wealth management related inquiries to ensure timely, accurate and detailed responses are provided.
- Coordinate pre-arrival setup logistics to include but not limited to; order/confirm office supplies and marketing materials are stocked and current; check scanners and time stamps are available, order business and announcement cards, entry badges and parking passes are prepared, office and technology setup is complete, etc.
- Provide backup coverage to Client Services and ad-hoc project support when not assigned to a new team onboarding.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Strong presentation skills; comfortable speaking in front of senior wealth professionals and management.
- Proven self-starter mindset with the ability to think and work autonomously.
- Effective organization, prioritization and time management capabilities.
- Team player attitude; willing to help and learn from others.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with careful attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications with an intermediate+ skill level in Excel and PPT.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of related experience in financial services with exposure to asset management preferred.
- Desire to pursue Series 7/66 license preferred for career advancement eligibility.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis.
- Ability to regularly work extended hours and weekends.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
Base salary range
$40.87 - $43.27 per hour.
Salary may vary depending on job-related factors including, but not limited to, skills and experience. Full-time employees may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off and a Wellness Program. Annual bonus, incentive pay and/or equity may also apply depending upon the role.