Senior Analyst, Asset Liability Management
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Finance Group is responsible for the Bank’s financial health. We work with teams across First Republic to set growth strategies, monitor and assess interest rate risk, explore initiatives and investments for the Bank, stay ahead of market trends, and ensure compliance with the latest regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a dynamic role within the Bank’s Asset Liability Management Group. The ideal candidate will provide immediate support in preparing the Bank’s quarterly risk assessment and reporting requirements, specifically related to the assessment of the Bank’s net interest income projections under various scenarios, calculation of the Bank’s economic value of equity, and a number of other related analysis.
What you’ll do as a Senior Analyst in the Bank’s Asset Liability Management Group:
- Assist in meeting the monthly and quarterly Asset Liability Management risk assessment and reporting requirements by utilizing Net Interest Income, Economic Value of Equity, and other relevant analyses;
- Assist in model lifecycle management activities, such as development, implementation, performance monitoring and testing, documentation, validation, and automation;
- Play a hands-on role in the development, maintenance and operation of our risk management platform;
- Develop, implement, and operate various valuation and forecasting models and techniques to project Bank operating results and market risk exposure under various macroeconomic and credit environments;
- Assist and support groups within Finance and the Bank with relevant analyses of the impact of business decisions on the bank's market risk exposure, profitability, capital ratios, regulatory compliance, and others;
- Perform ad-hoc analyses in a timely, efficient, and transparent manner as part of a team or individually with minimal supervision;
- Assist in the capital stress testing process;
- Take ownership of assigned projects and see them from concept through implementation;
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor;
- Participate in the development and strictly adhere to department policies, procedures, and controls.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years (or Master’s degree and 3 years) of work experience in the financial services industry;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in modeling complex financial instruments in an Asset Liability Management, fixed income research or trading, or similar context (5+ years preferred);
- Hands-on experience with a leading risk management platform (QRM strongly preferred);
- Financial engineering or research experience is a plus;
- Working knowledge of fixed income basics (duration, convexity, etc.);
- Ability to synthesize and present complex and technical information clearly;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Advanced skills in Excel and SQL; scripting/programming experience and understanding of data modeling and management a plus;
- Hands-on experience with data science tools (R Studio preferred) strongly preferred;
- Experience developing, operating, or validating behavioral models a plus;
- Ability and willingness to learn and perform in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment;
- Basic accounting knowledge;
- Master’s degree and/or professional certification preferred;
- Positive, and proactive attitude.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.