Senior Associate, Compliance
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Investment Management (FRIM) is an RIA with an affiliated BD (First Republic Securities Company LLC) and a wholly owned subsidiary of First Republic Bank. The Compliance Department provides advice and guidance to our business partners regarding the applicability of rules and regulations, advice on policies, procedures and controls, compliance monitoring and assistance with supervisory reviews in order to ensure compliance with all federal and state securities laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The general purpose of this position is to support the administration, development and execution of FRIM’s Compliance Program. This role will focus on assisting the FRIM Compliance team in establishing and maintaining a compliance monitoring program that helps identify key risks and control weaknesses.
The ideal candidate will have previous compliance experience in a high‐touch/high‐client‐experience‐ expectation organization within a registered investment adviser.
What you'll do as a Senior Associate, Compliance:
- Coordinate with business units to design, implement and maintain compliance reviews of trading activity and portfolio
- Document compliance review results and produce periodic management
- Proactively identify, escalate, and propose solutions to any issues and weaknesses in business processes, systems and
- Assess compliance controls to identify risks due to changes in business activity, regulatory developments, results from audit inquiries/exams and other testing activities.
- Assist in responding to ad hoc queries/requests from business partners and auditors
- Assist in the maintenance and development of compliance policies and procedures as needed due to changing regulations, and continued enhancement of current
- Proactively identify and champion opportunities to improve compliance efficiencies and minimize risks
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Extensive knowledge of both the Investment Advisers and Investment Company Acts of 1940
- Strong understanding of operational and regulatory compliance practices in investment advisory businesses
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external business
- Strong interpersonal skills; good team player; able to work well and coordinate with team members in a high energy and fast pace environment
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Familiarity with trade compliance monitoring applications and trading systems
- 8+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.