Senior Compensation Analyst
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Human Resources, we are committed to growing and protecting First Republic and its culture by attracting, retaining and supporting our most valuable resource: people. Providing our colleagues with extraordinary service is our commitment; their success is our reward.
Duties and Responsibilities
Are you a skilled Compensation Analyst with a desire to work for a company where you can truly influence and have strategic impact? Do you strive to improve inefficient processes? Are you an outstanding relationship/coalition builder? If so, we would love to speak with you!
The Senior Compensation Analyst will be a driving force in our efforts to enhance our overall compensation and talent management processes. This role will administer, maintain and provide analytical/consultative support for both structured and broad-based compensation plans at First Republic Bank. We are looking for someone with excellent analytical and communication skills to join our growing Compensation team. We work closely with Human Resource Business Partners, relationship and wealth management professionals and business leaders across the bank to support compensation design and delivery for each of the various businesses lines.
What you'll do as a Senior Compensation Analyst:
- Partner with Human Resource Business Partners in consulting with business leaders to inform compensation-related decisions
- Create, maintain and improve executive and financial reports
- Participate in and/or assist in conducting salary surveys and perform market competitive analyses to determine pay trends and practices to support employee pay decisions
- Assist in developing the bank’s job architecture and salary structures
- Design and build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast, report, and/or analyze compensation business outcomes
- Become a subject matter expert on the various compensation plans
- Execute on the day to day operations of data management, tracking and integration with the compensation systems
- Partner with the system developer to further improve the compensation systems
- Implement and execute effective controls to ensure integrity of incentive payments with utmost attention to detail
- Create and maintain departmental procedure documentation
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Human Resources or equivalent work/practical experience
- Two to three years of experience as a Compensation Analyst, preferably in financial services
- Advanced reporting, analytical and data modeling skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Familiarity with Access databases and running queries in SQL a plus
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- The ability to independently prioritize competing schedules, proactively anticipate and complete tasks
- The ability to solve problems by researching source data and system logic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player mentality
- The ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.