Senior Credit Analyst - Private Equity and Venture Capital Finance
Senior Credit Analyst
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
About PLP & Eagle Lending:
Eagle Lending is a business group focused on leveraging technology to bring in the next generation of clients to the bank. We offer five different loan products that we believe are phenomenal bridges to build relationships with our clients. The Professional Loan Program (Private Equity and Venture Capital Finance) team is a key component of the Eagle Lending group at First Republic.
First Republic has a long history of partnering closely with the Private Equity and Venture Capital industries, and the Professional Loan Program (PLP), plays a pivotal role in deepening our ability to serve our client firms and their needs. Through the Professional Loan Program, we offer tailored loan programs to enable employees of our Private Equity and Venture Capital firm clients to personally co-invest into the funds being raised by their firms. Another component of PLP is offering loans or lines of credit to prospective partners at professional service firms, to finance their partnership equity purchases.
An encouraging culture that invests in you
Eagle Lending is looking for an exceptional Senior Credit Analyst to support the underwriting needs on the Firm-side of our Professional Loan Program (PLP) while preserving the high credit quality of the portfolio. We’re looking for a self-starter who is eager to leverage their commercial underwriting experience as part of our fast-growing and fast-paced Professional Loan Program (PLP) Firm Underwriting team. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail and is a clear and confident communicator who is comfortable collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve an exceptional outcome. Knowledge of the Private Equity and Venture Capital industries is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Senior Credit Analyst - Private Equity and Venture Capital Finance:
- Underwrite high-quality credit narratives in support of new and existing loans including short-term extensions. Generate credit package including memorandum, organizational charts, global cash flow, etc., multi-year financial and risk analysis, Bank strategy, purpose of loan, repayment sources, collateral analysis, financial & reporting covenants, and company summary.
- Lead meetings with executive level clients to review complex financial reporting, organizational structures and create Firm financial projection models.
- Confident making sound credit recommendation to Executive Loan Committee, Legal and Management. Able to assist with loan structuring, covenant writing and recognizing collateral risk and structuring implications from complex, legal organizational documents.
- Proficient use of Moody’s CreditLens or similar application to complete financial analysis and spreads. Analyze financial statements, tax returns, cash flow reports, calculate ratios, recognize, and describe trends and identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow and borrowers’ ability to debt service.
- Cultivate strong and positive working relationships with partners to maintain extraordinary internal and external client service. Partners include: Sales, Preferred Banking, Credit Administration, Executive Loan Committee, Loan Servicing, Legal, Deposit, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Eagle Lending’s products, processes, and systems. Provide guidance and support including mentoring to new and junior members of the team. Lead new hire and/or refresher trainings on credit and process components. Partner with management to review and QC underwriting of new team members to ensure credit quality.
- Actively participate in continuous process improvements by generating suggestions and participating in problem solving activities.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years of commercial credit analysis experience with industry specialization preferred; private equity, venture capital and high net worth individuals.
- BA/BS Degree required with concentration in business or finance preferred.
- The ability to think critically and independently as a proactive problem solver.
- Strong ability to lead team initiatives by working collaboratively in a team environment within a matrix management structure.
- Strong decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills; including the ability to clearly understand complex concepts.
- Excellent Credit Skills.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.