Senior Credit Analyst
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Business Banking, we provide comprehensive depository, cash management, and lending services to businesses throughout our communities. While our clients are diverse, we are focused on meeting the needs of professional service firms (doctors, lawyers, accountants, investment managers and consultants of all kinds) as well as those in the following industries: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Technology, Wineries, Aviation and Marine, and Non Profit Organizations. As a Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their businesses as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their businesses, as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs. You will work within a dynamic team environment with Business Bankers and the Business Banking Department in evaluating, underwriting, monitoring and maintaining the overall credit quality of new and existing loan facilities.
What you’ll do as a Senior Credit Analyst:
- Underwrite high-quality credit narratives in support of new and existing loans, which includes analyzing multi-year trends and ratios from financial information, understanding cash flow, performing collateral analysis, running credit reports and analyzing KYC information.
- Work closely with Business Bankers, Commercial Loan Operations, Outside Counsel and the client to document and close loans thoroughly and swiftly.
- Research industry trends and risks.
- Create, maintain and monitor all loan and credit files at the highest quality, which entails monitoring existing credit facilities for financial and reporting covenant compliance, detecting early warning signs that could lead to a potential default, monitoring underperforming loans and evaluating proper loan risk ratings.
- Assist the Business Banker on all levels of the business banking relationship to ensure the client receives exceptional service.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities.
- Lead special projects as needed
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree, with a strong credit background and a minimum of four to six years of commercial banking and lending experience, with an industry specialization preferred (law firms, accounting firms, private equity, entertainment and/or non-profits)
- An established network of business clients, prospects and referral sources
- Excellent credit skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- The desire to provide extraordinary internal and external service
- The ability to think critically and independently as a proactive problem solver
- An orientation toward being a team player, providing extraordinary service while furthering the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Capital Call Lines experience
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.