Senior Learning and Development Specialist (HYBRID)
Senior Learning and Development Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Human Resources, we are committed to growing and protecting First Republic and its culture by attracting, retaining and supporting our most valuable resource: people. Providing our colleagues with extraordinary service is our commitment; their success is our reward.
Duties and Responsibilities
An encouraging culture that invests in you.
What you’ll do as a SeniorLearning and Development Specialist:
- Help put the right processes, programs, and resources in place to enable every colleague to develop and grow meaningful careers at First Republic
- Collaborate with HR team members and internal clients to support learning programs that enhance the knowledge, skills and engagement of our 5000+ colleagues
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive learning culture
- Support enterprise-wide leadership development and cultural integration, and other bankwide L&D events and initiatives
- Work closely with academic institutions on program delivery
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to manage participant nominations, invitations, and registrations for in person and virtual trainings and events
- Assist with program content creation and materials, mobile event applications and inventory of onboarding collateral
- Manage program logistics including coordination of travel, hotel rooming lists, catering and AV needs
- Schedule meetings with internal and external partners
- Secure executive and keynote speakers for key programs
- Collaborate with E-Learning team to track registrations and attendance in Learning Management System
- Support our diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- May require work commitments 2-3 evenings and/or weekends per month to assist onsite with events (once it is safe to host in person events)
What skills you will use:
- 3-4 Years of experience in Learning and Development program support, and facilitation of in-person and virtual training to a variety of audience sizes
- Experience in event planning and execution
- Experience with data management and LMS platforms preferred
- Team and utility player managing multiple priorities while remaining positive and flexible
- Passion for learning and providing excellent service to our internal clients
- Highly organized with high level of accuracy and strong detail orientation
- Productive and comfortable in a fast pace environment with a service focus
- Excels in communicating up, down and across organization, from front line team members to executive leadership
- Continuous process improvement mindset to maximize team’s efficiency
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with the following systems is a plus: Zoom, Qualtrics, Cornerstone LMS platform
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.