Senior Loan Analyst
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Loan Analyst, you will have the opportunity to process and underwrite single-family residential mortgage loans while providing an exceptional client experience. You will analyze complex tax returns and financial statements and assist in completing the loan process from start to finish. After you’ve developed a strong comfort level with the residential loan process, you’ll have the opportunity to learn apartment and commercial property loan analysis and processing.
What you’ll do as a Senior Loan Analyst:
- Communicate with clients, providing excellent customer service and ensuring that the client relationship is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Analyze and process each loan file, ensuring that the Loan Approval Worksheet, loan narrative (if applicable), appraisal, application, preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market and First Republic loan program criteria and are accurately documented and complete.
- Underwrite the income sources, collateral and credit quality of residential loan applications. This includes analysis of personal and business income tax returns, tax schedules and financial statements.
- Prepare loan files for funding by reviewing the analysis for accuracy.
- Complete the Request for Documents form to ensure that all regulatory information and loan terms are accurately entered into the computer system to meet compliance requirements.
- Complete Know Your Client regulatory data for all loan types.
- Follow the lending guidelines from the Federal National Mortgage Association and nonconforming secondary market investors, along with other industry regulations.
- Prepare prequalification and/or commitment letters for loan officer review.
- Learn the Bank’s loan pricing matrix and become comfortable engaging with clients to confirm and discuss our loan programs.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Five years of work experience in residential loan processing and underwriting with commercial and/or construction loan processing and underwriting experience preferred
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- An orientation toward being a team player and providing extraordinary service while furthering the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.