Senior Preferred Banker
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Preferred Banker you will have the opportunity to work in both sales and support. In this role you are the deposit expert for the Relationship Managers’ client base in addition to having your own self-sourced sales goals. The role encompasses sales presentations, cash management expertise, account opening, compliance and documentation, and transitioning the client to First Republic. You will have the opportunity to assist Relationship Managers in developing and maintaining client relationships by selling the full range of First Republic’s products and services as well as develop a personal portfolio of business. You’ll maintain a professional relationship to encourage additional business from existing clients in addition to obtaining referral business. You will use your excellent customer service skills and ingenuity to solve problems or enhance the banking relationship.
What you’ll do as a Senior Preferred Banker:
- Conduct outside business development calls with Relationship Managers.
- Place new business development calls for a self-sourced portfolio and open new accounts.
- Develop cash management presentations and demonstrations.
- Provide a detailed analysis and comparison of current banking relationships.
- Transition clients to the Bank, ensuring a smooth process.
- Obtain all required documentation.
- Provide ongoing excellent customer service, including paying close attention to the top 10% of the Relationship Managers’ client base.
- Maintain and deepen existing client relationships, increasing current products per client.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of existing Bank products and stay up to date on new products and services.
- Adhere to and comply with the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Know and verify the identity of any client that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A college degree
- A minimum of three years of experience in private banking
- A thorough knowledge of banking operations
- An existing client portfolio (preferred)
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.