Senior Relationship Manager Support Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing client expectations and requests while assisting RM with day to day duties which may include a variety of analytical and customer service oriented tasks. This position manages client expectations and demands of the RM while acting as a liaison between RM and Private Banking Officers, lending personnel and clients which require knowledge of various FRB products and programs depending on the RM’s business needs. Responsibilities include but not limited to managing client expectation and requests along-side collaborating with RMs, Clients and ELC to determine loan structure and conducting initial underwriting using a prequalification worksheet.
What you'll be doing as Senior Relationship Manager Support Specialist:
Provide excellent customer service:
- Respond to incoming calls
- Follow-up with clients to ensure loan files proceed in timely fashion
- Respond to client inquiries and requests to properly manage client expectations and needs
- Follow-up with delinquent clients
- Mail out loan applications
Support the loan process:
- Prepare pre-approval letters
- Collaborate with RMs, Executive Loan Committee (ELC), and clients to help determine loan structure, loan amounts, and products. Size and qualify loans for approval and must demonstrate ability to present deals to ELC
- Gather loan documentation on the “needs list”, request missing items from clients
- Set up initial loan file and input data into Power Lender
- Pulls Credit via CBC when applicable
- Underwriting using the prequalification excel workbook
- Identify cross sell opportunities to the RMD
Assist with special marketing projects:
Coordinate distribution of marketing mailers
- Contact customers to explain new marketing campaign
Provide administrative support:
- Mail out realtor rate sheets
- Prepare cross-selling opportunity reports and distribute as necessary
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Work with internal business partners and lending office staff at various levels to research and resolve transaction concerns. Must be confident in response and ability to satisfactorily address all clients. Handles complex/escalated matters.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic underwriting and credit knowledge
- Knowledge of various First Republic Bank products and programs
- Excellent computer skills
- Provides extraordinary client service
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.