Senior Software Engineer -.NET
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Work with the business and IT team to understand business problems, and to design, implement, and deliver an appropriate solution using Agile methodology across the larger program.
- Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain
- Work independently to implement solutions on multiple platform (DEV, QA, UAT , PROD)
- Provide technical feedback and reviews to other engineers working on the same project
- Implement and debug subsystems/micro service and components.
- Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers.
- Follows automate-first/automate-everything philosophy
- Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and Components, and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications
- Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
- Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the systems engineer or another project leader.
- Hands on in multiple programming paradigms, not limited to Object Oriented
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years IT-Software/ Software products
- Bachelors in Science – Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands on experience with system programming, development of service/module type of applications in .NET Core and C#.
- Understanding of Microservice technologies including- ASP.NET Core, C#, Git, PostgreSQL, Aurora
- Experience working with containers – Micro-services, Docker, OpenShift
- Experienced across programming languages, patterns and data structures.
- Hands on experience with Distributed System development.
- Applied knowledge of Object Orientated programming concept (OOPS), Micro services, Operating System (OS) concept and UML
- Proficient with software Architecture, design patterns and strong demonstrated experience in building frameworks.
- Good knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Good knowledge of secure coding practices is a plus.
- Good exposure of software development life cycle, development process flow and their tools usage
- Must be aware of Agile, Incremental or spiral development methodology
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and an ability to learn quickly
- Domain Knowledge in Financial Service is a plus
- Good communication skill to articulate views/thoughts with team and partners or customers without any gap
- Willingness and Ability to learn new technologies
- Expert knowledge of computer languages, data structures, program design methods and techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems systematically
- Self-motivated, thorough, and methodical
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.