Senior Software Engineer
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our current environment relies heavily on software for many functions – from automated alerts and notifications to complex banking processes, and software engineers are pivotal in the development of software that provide real solutions. In this role, as a senior software engineer, you will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle – to analyze the requirements, evaluate the design, test and develop software that, not only meets those requirements, but also aligns with our software development strategy.
What you’ll do as a Software Engineer:
- Develop software design patterns that can streamline and accelerate the development of code
- Develop software design guidelines and standards to drive the company towards achieving software excellence.
- Review software designs for conformance to standards and alignment with software design guidelines
- Drive technical excellence and implementation of software engineering best practices
- Develop compliant code that delivers business value based on business requirements
- Provide written knowledge transfer artifacts
- Enhance applications by making recommendations and designing software systems
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Familiarity with modern software architectures (microservices, cloud architectures, etc.)
- A strong preference for infrastructure-as-code
- Experience delivering in high-functioning tech environments with a bias toward highly crafted/designed software
- Prior experience at the intersection of usability, infrastructure/operations, and security would be a plus
- Experience creating software in highly-regulated environments is also a big plus
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.