Specialist I, Corporate Services
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Customer Service team provides operational support to First Republic clients, both external and internal. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. As ambassadors of First Republic’s high standard of extraordinary service, we are key drivers of the long-term relationships we build with our colleagues and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
See service from a higher perspective
Deliver extraordinary service by providing technical and transaction support, including troubleshooting and problem solving for clients using First Republic’s Cash Management products. Resolve issues involving Microsoft and Mac Operating systems, Quicken, QuickBooks, etc. Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal clients via phone, e-mail, and fax. Speak clearly and persuasively, and deliver excellent customer service by actively listening, expressing a willingness to help, probing for and identifying customer needs, giving correct information, and displaying empathy, courtesy, and sensitivity.
What you’ll do as a Corporate Services Specialist (Cash Management):
- Assist clients by initiating payment investigations, maintenance requests, fulfillment requests, research requests, and fee reversal requests received by phone and e-mail.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards as set by FRB management.
- Complies with federal, security, and legal requirements by following adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions and completing all regulatory testing.
- Compose quality written responses for service related e-mail. Communicate frequently with internal departments for e-mail resolution, consistently following-up with various departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Produce quality work, displaying accuracy and thoroughness, while completing work assignments in a timely manner and within disclosed time parameters.
- Make outbound calls to clients to provide resolutions for Corporate Services and research requests.
- Meet all Service Level Standards established for Corporate Services.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A passion for delivering extraordinary service
- Strong customer service background required, preferably with 1-3 years of experience in banking or treasury management.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac Operating Systems, Personal Financial Management software, Quicken, QuickBooks, etc. Internet and Internet browsers applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate technical concepts in a way that’s easy to understand.
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently, and possess good organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within strict time constraints.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and maintain composure while dealing with difficult customers.
- Position typically requires some college or equivalent work experience.
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.