Supervisor I, Consumer Services
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Customer Service team provides operational support to First Republic clients, both external and internal. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. As ambassadors of First Republic’s high standard of extraordinary service, we are key drivers of the long-term relationships we build with our colleagues and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Supervisor, Consumer Services will be responsible for providing high quality client customer service through the daily management of employees, including, but not limited to, monitoring the workflow and call volume, as well as, team member hiring, motivating, coaching, and training. Handling escalated issues from agents or as they are reported and ensuring that cases are managed properly and in a timely manner. Primary focus on ensuring that our standard of high quality customer service is delivered by the team and ensuring Service Levels are met and Call Quality scores are exceeding expectations as set by management.
What you'll be doing as Supervisor, Consumer Services:
- Successful delivery of service level standards.
- Responsible for troubleshooting service complaints and coordinating with various bank departments in the identification and resolution of operational problems and elevating these problems, correcting and documenting them as necessary, to avoid repeated issues.
- Interprets, applies and enforces company and departmental policies, guidelines and procedures across all operations activities and ensures that staff follows them.
- Ensures compliance with operational policies and procedures to minimize risk exposure. Monitors and audits policy exceptions related to risk management issues. Communicates with management regarding the control and management of risk within a specific team or the department.
- Identifies situations impacting established quality service level standards to determine solutions in a timely manner. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers. Keeps management informed if additional resources may be needed.
- Create and maintain high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Delivers performance reviews and provide statistical and performance feedback, coaching, counseling, direction and resolution on a regular basis to each team member.
- Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns. Participates in internal and external meetings.
- Insure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs by identifying and obtaining required training for team members as needed to support clients.
- Manage any issues that may arise between team members and other departments in the bank. Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy. Prepare warnings and communicate effectively with employees on warnings and make effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as required.
- Assist with the development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs.
- Work as a member/leader of special or on-going projects that are important to area/process improvement.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- Thorough knowledge of operational policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to react and respond to critical demands of the department, prioritizing and performing multiple tasks on a regular basis.
- Ability to interface within various levels of the group.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Typically requires 4+ years call center customer service or equivalent experience.
- High level escalated call resolution experience.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to develop and motivate a team and support a vision and able to give direction.
- Speak clearly and persuasively, and exhibit excellent customer service by actively listening, expressing a willingness and displaying empathy, courtesy, and sensitivity.
- Some college or equivalent work experience.
- Requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems or MAC, Internet and Internet browsers applications.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and maintain composure while dealing with difficult situations.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Must be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and nights.
- Team player.
- Provides extraordinary service.
- Must be dependable.
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.