Technical Product Lead
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Product Lead will play a very important role in the Business Deposits domain supporting various product lines & services within Treasury Management. This role will demand someone having both functional and technical knowledge to collaborate effectively across Lines of Business, Engineering, Infrastructure & Operations units.
What you’ll do as a Technical Product Lead:
- Understand business requirements and collaborate with engineers and business owners to deliver on them.
- Work with key business stakeholders to create System Requirement Document which translates business requirements into system interface details.
- Continuously groom and maintain the JIRA backlog; ensuring it accurately reflects both business priorities and technical feasibility/dependencies.
- Establish regular and transparent communication that allow for two-way collaboration between the business and technical teams.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration - engineering, architecture, design, product development, program management, operations teams, and business units Liaison to PM and Tech Lead to QA tasks, timeline, risks, issues, blockers
- Help to coordinate unit testing with developers and functional testing with QA team
- Manage day to day activities of QA and regression testing including test assignments, script/case writing, test data requests, test execution
- Act as point for data conditioning across QA, UAT & Performance test phases
- Responsible for defect mgmt. including logging, tracking and reporting bugs
- Liaison to PM and Tech Lead to QA tasks, timeline, risks, issues, blockers
- Work with business team to define regression testing scope and test execution
- Support management in data gathering for regulatory and third-party reviews
- Ensure product is production ready with no critical defects or issues
You could be a great fit if you have:
- An undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within product management
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver technical solutions
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise including external vendors.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and SDLC tools like JIRA
- Ability to lead without authority and effectively drive change
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.