At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IS Technical Writer will promote, shepherd, develop, and maintain high quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience. Responsibilities include creation and/or review of operations runbooks, troubleshooting/resolution procedures, disaster recovery procedures, configuration/build procedures, and “frequently asked questions” pages to ensure technical support staff (including L1, L2 and L3 staff) have the information necessary to support our services and infrastructure. Quality and accuracy are important as many of these documents are provided as audit deliverables.
What you’ll do as a Technical Writer:
- Work with internal teams and subject matter experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of applications/systems/ processes/products and ensure the information is accurately documented
- Lead Subject Matter Experts through the document delivery process and coordinate the process to attain content
- Administer the documentation repository
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse opportunities
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Uphold IS documentation standards for content, formatting, and template requirements
- Align operational activities with process controls based upon compliance and policy requirements
- Create and manage work tickets related to delivery of documentation
- Proactively review work queues, respond to requests in a timely manner, review and resolve assigned requests, and effectively communicate status and resolution details to ensure user satisfaction and productivity
- Must always be diligent in protecting client data confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Demonstrate knowledge of Bank standards and processes
- Remain informed of job-related issues through networking, training programs, seminars, and trade publications
- Attend meetings and maintain a flexible work schedule
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor
- Complete and adhere to First Republic Bank’s regulatory requirement trainings in a timely manner
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology /Computer Science /Engineering/Technical Writing discipline is desired
- 5+ years of relevant technical writing experience, with experience delivering documentation for an IT or IS organization
- Experience creating documentation for Operational Support Teams
- Experience creating Infrastructure Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, O365
- Experience working in an ITIL-based environment
- Proficiency with MS Office tools, incl. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and SharePoint
- Working experience with Enterprise Service Management systems, e.g. ServiceNow preferred
- Understanding of network and system architecture concepts
- Understanding of load balancing, clustering, high availability, and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Ability to deliver quality work quickly, with an emphasis on accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to see the big picture and focus on Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Ability to create documentation that is concise, accurate, and adheres to agreed quality standards
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and graphical representation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
- Understanding of core Bank business applications and operations, financial experience is a plus
- Willingness and ability to adapt to rapid change
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, maintain a disciplined approach to communication and decision-making even in urgent situations
- Strong interpersonal and organizational/project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times
- Able to work as a team player and as an individual contributor
- Must operate with minimal supervision to meet deadlines, proactively report status, and communicate and purse resolution of roadblocks
- Further the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.