Training & Development Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Customer Service team provides operational support to First Republic clients, both external and internal. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. As ambassadors of First Republic’s high standard of extraordinary service, we are key drivers of the long-term relationships we build with our colleagues and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As the Training and Development Specialist, you will facilitate training for service and operational teams within Deposit Services. You will work in a team to produce and facilitate new hire curriculum, technical systems training and development programs as needed, and will be responsible for devising, monitoring and reviewing individual and classroom learning plans and producing training materials for in-house sessions. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning modules.
What you’ll do as a Training and Development Specialist:
- Facilitate classroom-style training on critical client service, processing, soft skills and system enhancement topics.
- Develop and maintain current training materials, including guides, activities, self-study modules, databases and reports.
- Observe in-class performance and manage post-training certification for all participants; review trainee knowledge to determine readiness and/or whether additional training is needed.
- Monitor participants' knowledge before and after training and provide additional coaching and feedback to management.
- Work closely with management to address any identified opportunities for improvement.
- Adhere to the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Know and verify the identity of any client who enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Prior professional experience in a learning and development role or a proven track record of performance in a related field, with a bachelor’s degree preferred and professional certifications in learning theory, performance management, instructional design, e-learning applications or other related disciplines a plus
- Familiarity with financial service technology and systems and a knack for quickly learning new systems when needed
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal skills that allow you to work with people at all levels
- A personality that is enthusiastic, approachable and motivational
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with presentation experience in articulating messages to different types of audiences
- An orientation toward being a team player and providing extraordinary service while furthering the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.