At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Trust Officer has primary responsibility to ensure that the accounts assigned to that individual are properly administered, and to act as a resource for other members of the team. The officer also will represent FRTC in the community through membership in professional associations and play a role in the development of trust business retention and development.
What you will do as a Trust Officer:
- Carry out all account administrative duties either directly if appropriate or supervise activities conducted by others affecting the account.
- Provide on-going training to administrative assistant and delegate responsibilities as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of SunGard operating system, Investment Scorecard, Microsoft Office and other technology to complete responsibilities.
- Identify any issues or problems in an account and promptly bring them to the attention of management.
- Provide continuing input to administrative policy and procedures manual.
- Participate in business development activities.
- Open all new accounts in a timely manner
- Prepare timely annual reviews for all accounts.
- Communicate with account principals, beneficiaries, accountants and other third parties as required. Keep FRTC members informed about account administration or operational issues.
- Participate and contribute to department activities designed to improve the account management process, such as TAC, TSG and the training conducted by FRTC managers.
- Enhance knowledge of trust, tax and related areas by participating in ongoing educational functions, including those offered by FRTC and those available from third parties.
- Interact with other First Republic Bank members to expand their knowledge about FRTC.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank
What skills you will use:
- A minimum five years of trust administrative experience in all facets of the trust industry.
- Substantial understanding of trust accounting systems; strong analytical skills.
- College degree preferable; excellent communication skills; and practical job experience.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as the position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations.
First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.