Trust Operations Associate
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
An encouraging culture that invests in you
As the Trust Associate, you are primarily responsible for the daily processing of all securities and cash-related functions for First Republic Trust Company. You will provide daily operational support to Trust Officers and Administrators as needed, as well as cross-train and provide support for various operational functions within the department.
What you’ll do as a Trust Operations Associate:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing for of all trades and income collection activities for domestic and global accounts, balancing processes, securities-free receipt and deliveries, security master set up, accounting-related functions including all vault-related activities, all note and liability payments and all fee-related activities.
- Work independently to perform complex transactions on the trust accounting system. Perform all necessary research and due diligence to resolve problems and proactively contribute to long-term solutions and process enhancements.
- Respond to internal and external client requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reconciliation reports.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining various departmental policies and procedures.
- Process and respond to all FinCEN and USA PATRIOT Act inquiries.
- Adhere to all established rules, regulations and guidelines governing bank and trust company activities; report and take corrective action for any non-compliant items or issues when necessary.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or two to three years of work experience, with knowledge and understanding of the trust business beneficial
- Familiarity with trust accounting platforms, preferably FIS AddVantage or other FIS product, beneficial
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50 lbs.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.