VP, Accounting Technology and Business Process
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Accounting, we’re responsible for recording and reconciling financial transactions, processing vendor payments, processing payroll, calculating and remitting taxes. We also produce external and internal financial reports and interpret accounting guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
VP, Accounting Technology and Business Process will serve as a partner to First Republic Bank’s Chief Accounting Officer, Accounting team leadership and Bank’s management as it relates to the design, implementation and maintenance of technology and data architecture solutions to optimize business processes for Accounting and Financial Reporting. VP will lead technology efforts as they relate to Accounting department and will build the strategy and lead the execution of technology initiatives as well as maintaining daily operations of the existing Accounting systems and tools. The individual must thrive in a deadline-oriented and fast-pace environment, enjoy coaching and developing others, and have a passion for continuous improvement.
What you’ll do as a VP, Accounting Technology and Business Process:
- Oversee the financial systems of the Accounting department.
- Build the technology strategy and the execution roadmap for the Accounting organization, including both the technology projects within Accounting as well as bank-wide technology initiatives that have impact on Accounting.
- Lead the implementations, upgrades, enhancements to the systems used in Accounting.
- Lead and represent Accounting of the bank-wide technology implementations impacting Accounting. Ensure successful execution of components of the bank-wide projects related to the Accounting.
- Work closely with IS department and business technology partners on the technology strategy and execution of the projects. Serve as key liaison with IS on all the technology projects.
- Identify and analyze data needs, propose solutions and execute the implementation of the data gathering and related reporting automation solutions.
- Manage the team to maintain daily operations of the existing systems and tools. Facilitate upgrades, modifications and general maintenance with the IT team.
- Implement efficiencies in existing processes through enhancing automation and expanding the usage of full system capabilities and establish/enhance related workflows, including RPAs.
- Enhance tools for reporting, analyzing, and reconciling financial results leveraging tools currently in place or considering other solutions
- Research complex system capabilities and train Accounting team on application use
- Ensure effective design and operation of internal controls and compliance with SOX requirements for the systems and tools maintained in the Accounting department.
- Key liaison for internal and external audits and SOX Program Office.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight to the Accounting and Financial Systems Support team
- Lead, manage and develop a strong, performance-oriented team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Minimum 12 years of experience in accounting and finance area, including at least 5 years in financial systems. Mix of public and private preferred.
- Banking or financial services experience is preferred
- CPA is preferred
- System implementations and/or conversion experience required
- Finance transformations experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience with best practice accounting/finance and IT processes and systems
- Strong understanding of SOX requirements
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Strong business acumen, Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills with ability to present to the senior management
- Strong leader who is able to manage and lead the team in an open and collegial environment
- Excellent maturity and judgement, and the ability to operate effectively in fast-pace environment. Maintain composure under pressure and have the ability to balance competing priorities
- The patience and communication ability to establish credibility to relate effective with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity and commitment to excellence
- To thrive and succeed within this unique culture and work environment, individuals must demonstrate humility, innate curiosity and openness to new ideas/approaches. Need to be hard working, confident and goal oriented
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.