Vice President, Deputy Treasurer
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Finance, we’re responsible for the Bank’s financial health. We work with teams across First Republic to set growth strategies, explore initiatives, stay ahead of market trends, monitor risk and ensure compliance with the latest regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
First Republic Bank is on an incredible journey and we are looking for a visionary who not only sees the long term potential of our business model, but who also can plot a detailed course of action to support our successful execution of the model. This position will be a key leader in the development and execution of the Bank’s long term balance sheet management strategies. You will take ownership of the core measurement processes supporting these strategies. And in support of these measurement processes, we expect that you possess a relentless focus on process, for one simple reason: to unlock organizational potential.
What you’ll do as Vice President, Deputy Treasurer:
- Lead technology and process improvement efforts to support balance sheet optimization initiatives, e.g., Liquidity Stress Testing
- Participate in the development of the firm’s long range business planning, and partner with stakeholders throughout the Bank to drive efficiencies and improvements relating to earnings, capital, and liquidity
- Be a voice within the franchise to appropriately incentivize and guide the long term evolution of the business to meet the firm’s risk management, earnings, capital, and liquidity goals
- Source and maintain capital markets relationships to support the above efforts
- Contribute to the development of more automated analytical tools and dashboards
- Prepare discussion materials for a variety of audiences
- Participate in ongoing interactions with bank’s primary regulators
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 10 or more years of progressive work experience in the areas of corporate treasury, business/product strategy, FP&A, or related fields
- Excellent data, analytics, and modeling acumen
- Hands-on technology orientation, with a track record to back it up
- A self-starter with a builder mentality
- Degree in a technical field, such as analytics, finance, economics, statistics, engineering, applied mathematics, or related field. Bachelor’s degree required, more advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone, video, and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.