Principal -Digital Solutions Architect
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Channels team is looking for a Solution Architect that can work with both IT and business teams to define and guide the implementation of solutions for Digital Channels initiatives. It is the responsibility of the solution architect to ensure technical solutions not only meet business requirements but are implemented in an architecturally consistent manner that adheres to bank standards and best practices.
What you’ll do as aPrincipal Digital Solution Architect:
- The Solution Architect will design effective and efficient integrated solutions in support of Digital Channels initiatives by first working with business partners to analize business requirements. The Solution Architect will then collaborate with supporting system and technology owners to define the target architecture and design through the use of appropriate architecture design artifacts such as UML diagrams and software design documents.
- Lead project teams to deliver solutions using an agile methodology that ensure rapid and architecturally sound implementations of business requirements
- Propose and drive initiatives to improve application development and support processes for Digital Channels systems
- Perform as a subject matter expert on the various Digital Channels systems and processes assigned. Inclusive of this is gathering a deep understanding of the data within the systems and business processes supported by the system(s).
- Build critical working relationships with the business and user communities through gathering a thorough understanding of the business models and processes employed
- Specify and fully document application customizations that would bear scrutiny by an internal audit or external regulators.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Experience designing desktop web and mobile online solutions for the banking industry
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external teams
- Experience in designing scalable and fault tolerant solutions
- Experience conducting software product/service evaluations
- Experience producing various artifacts such as BRD's, design documents, test cases, integration specifications, launch/cut-over plans and operations support documents.
- Expertise in innovation & the ability to think strategically about how to advance business-led solutions
- Experience in troubleshooting in various capacities ranging from Team Member to a Project Leader under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong sense of prioritization and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership and attention to details for key projects / issue resolution
- A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.