At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Customer Service team provides operational support to First Republic clients, both external and internal. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. As ambassadors of First Republic’s high standard of extraordinary service, we are key drivers of the long-term relationships we build with our colleagues and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Wire Manager, you must be able to motivate staff to achieve personal and corporate goals while promoting, through action, the core values and culture of the bank.
What you will do as a Wire Manager:
- Manage the workflow of the department to ensure that all transactions are processed accurately and in accordance with internal and external SLA’s, guidance, and expectations.
- Address internal and external service complaints and work to not only identify issues, but find ways to resolve them.
- Operate in a hands-on capacity with the wire system for wire entry, approval and exception processing. Function extends to supervisory role for reporting, daily wire reconciliation, exception handling, and new customer onboarding.
- Maintain positive, open communication with internal and external partners that encourages transparency. This includes all internal departments and appropriate vendors.
- Ensure the Wire Department adheres to all appropriate rules, regulations, laws, and guidance issued by internal and external established governing agencies.
- Ensure internal Policies, Standards, and Procedures are maintained in a way that keeps us in compliance with directives from governing agencies (Internal & External).
- Ensure the Wire Department adheres to Policies, Standards, and Procedures as well as approved guidance from Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Work closely with appropriate vendors and monitor their performance.
- Escalate production issues appropriately.
- Hold vendors accountable for meeting SLA's.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by management.
- Recruit, screen, and hire Wire Room staff as needed.
- Provide individual coaching and perform required semiannual and annual performance reviews.
- Encourage personal and professional growth.
- Create a succession plan in Wire Ops and develop staff accordingly.
- Handle staffing and personnel administration needs for the department.
- Execute on strategies and action plans for the department in support of the overall vision and long term goals of the Bank.
- Provide support for projects and system testing
- Provide subject matter expertise
- Communicate department vision upwards to management and to staff for daily operations.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Strong leadership skills
- Expertise in Wire Operations / Processing
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Perform well under pressure
- Strong computer skills and must be proficient in Word and Excel at a minimum
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent of at least 5 years of experience in Wire Transfer processing
- Work well as an individual and as a team member
- Strive to provide extraordinary service
- Believe in First Republic Bank’s culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.