Zelle Operations Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Customer Service team provides operational support to First Republic clients, both external and internal. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. As ambassadors of First Republic’s high standard of extraordinary service, we are key drivers of the long-term relationships we build with our colleagues and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Zelle Operations Specialist is responsible for executing daily functions for Zelle and other payments related services.
These responsibilities include but not limited to daily reconcilement of Zelle transactions, process REG E claims and disputes, resolve escalated operational issues, handle inquiries related to Zelle and other payment services.
What you’ll do as a Zelle Operations Specialist:
- Work with Deposit Services, Digital Channels, Information Services, Accounting, Fraud, BSA/AML, Bankers, Vendors and Clients to resolve any reconcilement discrepancies, and REG E disputes.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts
- Assist in department functions as needed
- Ability to conduct complex research, and resolve all requests timely
- Must have excellent Customer Service and interpersonal skills to interact with Internal and External Clients
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Assist in creating and maintaining department procedures
- Assist management with month end reporting
- Constantly work to improve operational efficiencies
- Support the team in meeting daily, and monthly deadlines
- Support department trainings
- Work closely with management to ensure SLAs for the department are met
- Perform routine responsibilities with limited supervision
- Must be a self-starter and have good sense of urgency
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.)
- Adhering to Bank policies and procedures
- Completing required training
- Identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer
- Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Experience in banking, particularly in EFT or operations areas
- 3+ years’ experience in electronic payments (Wires, ACH, ATM, etc.) or cash management
- Strong Accounting background is a plus
- Experience in SQL is a plus, or strong technical affinity
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to learn and comprehend new system processes
- Reliability, flexibility, professional etiquette and sound judgement are important
- Willingness to attain product knowledge
- Proven ability to work cooperatively but also assume administrative responsibilities
- Team player
- Provides extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.